Things seem to be coming back together around here.

The weather has taken a turn for the warmer, which means I get to supervise pool and sprinkler time in the sun. Yesterday, they played in the sprinkler for a while and then got out the bubbles.  We were outside long enough for me to get a touch of sunburn on my neck and T-Man had rosy cheeks.  It was just nice to be able to sit outside without a jacket! Today is looking much the same, except that I’ll let them in the pool this afternoon.

I’m using the downtime to journal, which is helping me figure out some of the confusion I have about what I want out of my life.  I have always had amazing revelations when I just free-write how I’m feeling, what’s on my mind and questions I have.  Sometimes I write to people that will never get the notes, just so I have an audience to direct my thoughts to.  At this point, it’s safer than airing dirty laundry here or calling my friends and getting them all involved.

Things on the marriage front are going better too.  We have had a few days of tired + hurt feelings = crazy reactions, but overall we are putting everything back on the tracks.  The kids have settled down, now that they aren’t feeding off the insane tension zipping through the house.  I’m feeling better about getting a solution I can live with and even be happy with, but we are working on the final goal of finding a balance we can ALL live with.  Hubby is who he is.  He is the one I married and I need to work on not expecting him to be someone else, to act how I think he should act or treat me like he can read my mind.  I’m doing better at telling him what I want or need and if I need something done a certain way, me being the control freak that I am.  He’s been available to help with anything the kids or I need in the evenings and that’s been a huge change.

We started watching Grey’s Anatomy together last week – I ordered Season 1 from Netflix – and we are looking forward to the start of Season 2, arriving this afternoon with the mail.  We curl up on the bed in our room and watch the whole disc in one sitting.  I am definitely in favor of the DVD’d shows, over waiting from week to week during the regular TV season!

While we have been taking the evening for a little Mommy-Daddy time, the kids have been given a bit more freedom with bedtime.  Now that we are sure we are home schooling and don’t need to be on such a tight schedule, I have let them go to bed a bit later.  I’ve also let them use the portable DVD player in one of their rooms to watch a movie before bed for the last week.  Last night, I told them 9 pm bedtime, because they had been super obnoxious all day with the whining and bickering.  Hubby needed to be in bed early (4 am work start time today) so I did a final check on them about 8:30 pm and told them we were going to be watching a movie and they needed to be in bed by 9:30-ish.  At 9:45 pm, there was a knock on our (locked) bedroom door, which I handled by yelling at them to get to bed.  At 10 pm, after hearing that someone was still up, I walked into G-Bunny’s room to find both kids sitting on her bed, playing Hangman.  I lost my mind at that point, took the DVD player away, sent T-Man to his room and declared that I will be in charge of bedtime again – without special privileges.  It seems lately that I give a little and have to yank back the mile that they ran with.  Or rather, G-Bunny ran with.  T-Man was in the bathroom when I announced the 9:30 pm change, but doesn’t that mean he should have been in bed at 9 pm?  Yeah – that’s what I thought.

Now they are both up, cranky and tired and I already feel a quiet time coming on for this afternoon.

Anyway, it’s a new, bright, shiny day and I’m going to do what I can with it.